Adhan The Call to Prayer (part 1 of 2)
- Prayer for Beginners (2 parts).
- To appreciate that the adhan covers all the essentials of faith.
- To learn the history of the adhan.
- To learn 6 virtues of adhan.
- To learn the wordings of the adhan.
- Adhan – an Islamic way of calling Muslims to the five obligatory prayers.
- Iqamah – This word refers to the second call to prayer that is given immediately before the prayer begins.
- Shirk – a word that implies ascribing partners to Allah, or ascribing divine attributes to other than Allah, or believing that the source of power, harm and blessings comes from another besides Allah.
- Salah – the Arabic word to denote a direct connection between the believer and Allah. More specifically, in Islam it refers to the formal five daily prayers and is the most important form of worship.
- Tawheed – The Oneness and Uniqueness of Allah with respect to His Lordship, His Names and Attributes and in His right to be worshipped.
- Hadith – (plural – ahadith) is a piece of information or a story. In Islam it is a narrative record of the sayings and actions of Prophet Muhammad and his companions.
- Fajr – the morning prayer.